Scotland Of East- Meghalaya Shillong (2N) 2 Night / 3 Days
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Challenging
- Group Size Small Group
Meghalaya known as the ‘abode of clouds’ is one of the most beautiful state in the country. Nature has blessed the state with abundant rainfall, sun-shine, virgin forests, high plateaus, tumbling waterfalls, crystal clear rivers, meandering streamlets and above all with strong, intelligent and hospitable people. Carved from the erstwhile State of Assam, Meghalaya became a full fledged State on January 21,1972.
- Rooms on twin/triple sharing basis. (Please refer to notes on hotels used below)
- Daily Breakfast.
- Exclusive a/c vehicle at disposal for transfers & sightseeing as per itinerary. (500 Kms blocked from Guwahati to Guwahati). (Please refer to notes on transportation below).
- Service of an experienced driver for 12 Hours per day up to maximum 08:00 PM.
- Luxury Taxes, Parking, Toll taxes, Drivers Allowance etc.
- Please refer to Important Information about the package below.
- Air Fare/Train fare.
- Personal Expenses such as Laundry, telephone calls, tips & gratuity. Mineral/soft/hard drinks.
- Additional sightseeing or extra usage of vehicle, other than mentioned in the itinerary.
- Camera fees, Guide / tour escort charges & Entrance Fees.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like, landslides, road blockage, political disturbances, etc (to be borne by the client, which is directly payable on the spot).
- Any increase in taxes or fuel price, leading to increase in cost on surface transportation & land arrangements, which may come into effect prior to departure.
- Service Tax, Insurance.
- Anything which is not include in the inclusion.
- Day 1 Guwahati Airport - Shillong
- Welcome to Guwahati.
- Meet and be assisted by our representative at the airport/Railway Station
- Proceed to Shillong, also called ’Scotland of the East” (100 kms 3 hrs). While traveling we see the majestic Umiam Lake (Barapani) surrounded by sylvan hills and wrapped in the beauty of an assortment of green Khasi-pines and the azure blue skies.
- On arrival at Shillong, check in at your hotel.
- Evening you can visit the local market.
- Overnight stay in Shillong.
- Day 2 Shillong - Cherrapunjee – Shillong
- Get up early today to enjoy the mesmerizing mornings of Shillong and after breakfast at 07:30 A.M drive to Cherrapunjee (60 kms 1½hrs), which is the wettest place in the world. It is a pleasant drive to see roaring waterfalls leaping into deep gorges, including the famed Nohsngithiang Falls. The beautiful waterfall-Nohkalikai is at Cherrapunjee.
- You can also explore some of the caves in and around Cherrapunjee.
- Evening return to Shillong.
- Visit Elephanta falls and Shillong peak for some breathtaking views.
- Overnight stay in Shillong.
- Day 3 Shillong - Guwahati Airport Departure
- After breakfast today visit Don Bosco Monument, Ward’s Lake where you can enjoy boating, Botanical Garden and Lady Hydri Park.
- Proceed to Guwahati (100 kms 3 hrs) and with everlasting memories transfer to airport/railway station for onward journey.
Sarita Holidays offers you well-appointed air-conditioned rooms with authentic art deco furniture, including standard and royal rooms. All rooms have distinct decoration of past era amalgamated with modern amenities where you will feel a royal richness. Every room is equipped with facilities such as attached wash rooms, telephones, television, study desks and more.
The hotel is a delight to stay in and helps you feel the warmth of a home in its comfortable atmosphere. Tastefully designed and elegantly appointed rooms, having their own individual character and furnishings, embody the finest of Rajasthan, offering high levels of comfort coupled with our personalized services.
- Attached European-style wash rooms
- 24-hour running hot and cold water
- Direct Cable Television
- Direct-dial Telephone
- Study Desks
- Bath and hand towels in all wash rooms
- Mini Bar in all the rooms
- Internet access available
- Visa & Master cards accepted
Sarita Holidays car rentals, cab bookings, rent a car or hire a car/cab provides best deals in every tour package. We focus on customer satisfaction by offering quality fleet of cars, affordable prices, and experienced chauffeurs. Above all we emphasize on safety and comfortable journey to your point of destination, we make your travel plan a pleasant affair. We take complete care of all your travel requirements, for our customers to enjoy hassle free journey we go that extra mile to bring a smile on our customers.
- Child Below 5 yrs complimentary
- Child 5 -12 yrs with or without extra bed rates as per hotel policy.
NOTE: Above are suggested itineraries. The right is reserved to cancel or alter any itineraries as circumstances may require. Neither Assam Holidays or the participating suppliers/ hotels should be held responsible for any unforeseen conditions like road block, strike/riots, illness, accidents, ‘bandhs’ etc.
- We allot exclusive tour coordinator for the entire tour. The Guest may contact him / her over phone at any time in case of any emergency, changes in itinerary or any inconvenience which may have happened on account of hotels or transportation.
- In case the guest requires a tour guide please let us know in advance. The same can be arranged at an extra cost.
- The package can be extended on Pro-Rata basis.
- All our packages are inclusive of Breakfast except for places in Arunachal Pradesh. In case the Guest wishes to include other meals in the package then please refer to meals in the cost sheet.
- There will be no refund for any unutilized services.